Thursday 25 March 2010

Welcome to the Poet's Soapbox!

For the last few years, I have been contributing a semi-regular column to the National Association of Writers' Groups' LINK magazine under the heading "The Poet's Soapbox". The Soapbox has given me the opportunity for a good old rant about the things that irk me in the world of poetry in the UK - and for an occasional rave about the things I think are worth celebrating.

It seemed to make sense, in the fulness of time, to move the Soapbox to an online format, and give its readers a chance to have their say. Thus the Poet's Soapbox blog. I will continue to use it to post copies of the articles that appear (and have appeared) in LINK, as well as responses to topical poetry-related issues and some of my own musings on life as a poet, scribe, performer, open mic MC and occasional competition judge. Feedback is welcome though I reserve the right to edit readers' posts as needed.

In the next few posts I'll put up copies of some of the early articles from the Soapbox series in LINK. Comments on these are still welcome!

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Andy Humphrey

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog. your blog was very helpful for me. Here I want to introduce my business which is related to packaging Cosmatic Boxes. If you are searching for a company to order soap boxes with windows, UrgentBoxes is an appropriate choice. UrgentBoxes is a US-based packaging company where you can order high-quality custom soap boxes at economical prices. Moreover, they also offer free delivery in the USA as well.
    Soap Boxes
    Bath Bomb Boxes
    Eyeliner Boxes
    Urgentboxes

    ReplyDelete